•CURRENT STANDINGS: SportingClaysUSA.com has put together the results from the previous two PSCA Tour stops as well as the individual professionals’ current standings. Click the links below to see the current standings for both the Men’s Tour and the Women’s Tour.
• COURSE: The Big Red Oak Plantation conveniently located Gay, Georgia, just 60 miles southeast of the Atlanta International Airport. Named for the Red Oak creek that runs along it’s southern border, Big Red Oak Plantation provides one of Georgia’s finest bobwhite quail and whitetail deer hunting habitats on 2,500 acres. Big Oak Plantation boasts as a certified forest with gently rolling hills, tall oak and pine trees, and broom sedge and other native grasses. Big Red Oak Plantation also has a world-class state-of-the-art sporting clays facility and hosted the 2013 Georgia State Sporting Clays Association Championship with record attendance numbers.
• PSCA TOUR Points: Champion receives 100 points.
• FIELD TO WATCH:
Mike Wilgus – The 2015 PSCA Tour points leader is, once again, in the Top 5 Pros to watch. Mike has been the most consistent pro on Tour this year finishing runner-up in the first two events. On and off tour Mike has been shooting lights out making another hard push for a title at the US Western Open finishing behind Zach Kienbaum. Mike maintains the best average points per round in the Bracket Finals with an average of 82.63 points per round. Will the third time be the charm or will his hot streak begin to cool off?
Kevin DeMichiel – Kevin has been the second most consistent shooter on Tour this season. He is second in points behind Mike Wilgus with a total of 193 tour points. Kevin has also scored the second most points in the Pro Challenge Bracket with a total of 361 points, averaging 72.2 points per round. Kevin performs well in his home state of Georgia, and should be a real contender to take the win this upcoming week.
David Radulovich – It would be hard to keep David Radulovich off this list after posting a perfect score in the Ohio State Championships this past weekend. David is just a mere 11 points away from first place and is in a solid position to qualify for the end of season Champion of Champions Event. He is in prime striking range to take the top slot on Tour if he can pull out another solid performance. David averages a respectable 72.0 points per round in the Pro Challenge Bracket.
Wendell Cherry – Wendell Cherry has always shot well in the south and this week should be no different. His finish as runner-up at the 2015 World Championships in South Florida is proof of that. Although Wendell is 103 points off the lead heading into Stop #3, he can still be in the hunt for the Champion of Champions event if he delivers a solid performance this week.
Gebben Miles – The 2014 PSCA Tour Champion, Gebben Miles, is currently sitting in 5th place on the 2015 Tour. Although he has been just outside of the final pairing under the lights, Gebben is no doubt one of the best shots in the world and could easily be hoisting another trophy this coming Friday night. Gebben’s average points in the Pro Challenge Bracket is 16 points below that of Mike Wilgus. Gebben will need more consistency to drive home the victory and add his fourth PSCA Tour stop trophy to his case.
Desirae Edmunds – When the Final Four women were announced at the second PSCA stop, Desi was the only remaining pro left in the Bracket. She held off all challengers claiming her fourth career PSCA Tour stop titles. Desi averages 66.17 points per round in the Pro Challenge Bracket. Look for Desi to be in the hunt again for her fifth PSCA Tour stop win.
• DARK HORSES: It’s hard to call a Tour stop winner a Dark Horse, but Brandon Powell is back home in Georgia and should have a solid performance this week. If he is able to shoot his way into the bracket, he will be hard to beat…. Bill McGuire, is also no slouch in the warmer weather. Bill has made it to the Pro Bracket Challenges in the previous two stops and should have no problem making the top 16.
• STORYLINES: Mike Wilgus is the 2015 points leader and has finished Runner Up in both of the previous events. He and is on a hot streak as of late, could the third time the charm….. The new format of the Pro Challenge Bracket has highlighted the top pros and challenger Matt Fisher, who is in the top 5 after two events….. Zach Kienbaum has yet to finish in the top 40 of a PSCA Tour event, but is coming off a clutch victory at the US Western Open and could make a push for the bracket…..
• PRIOR YEAR: This is the first PSCA event to be held at Big Red Oak Plantation
• WATCH THE FINALS LIVE! – The PSCA will be airing the Finals Live, Click Here to watch the Finals on Friday night!