Designed and tested in collaboration with the Beretta Shooting Team, 694 is the new over-and-under platform designed specifically for competition shooting, with a precise objective in mind: to help shooters increase their success rate. Thanks to a meticulous mechanical and ergonomic design process, the 694 represents a perfectly balanced over-and-under competition shotgun. Natural and immediate when shouldering, it features a precise swing and it’s easy to control. The new shape of the action and the stock provide an increased field of vision, while the new forend iron system allows the user to maintain the opening load constant over time, and the Steelium Plus barrels guarantee a dense, uniform pattern every time. The slim, modern design lends the 694 a “racing” feel, for a bold, winning look.
The weight has been increased by approximately 25 g, again improving stability and balance. The gun features the classic Beretta closing system with trapezoidal shoulders and two rugged pins that protrude from the breech face and are inserted into their respective housings on the sides of the breech, while the front part of the action is fitted with two hinged studs that are inserted into the respective housings on the monoblock.
- The trigger group features a three-position adjustable trigger and a fixed lock served by two robust coil springs mounted on spring guides.
- The firing selector, present on the sporting version only, is located inside the safety lever that features new checkering and ergonomics.
- The steel top lever features a new, low profile and an anti-glare finish and has been designed to be ergonomic and easy to operate for both right and left-handed shooters.
- The newly designed ejectors are fitted with powerful springs positioned behind the ejector slide and under the stop pads.
Thanks to its unique manufacturing process, Steelium is the barrel production technology which enables Beretta tri-alloy steel to become a true ballistic gem. Deep drilling, cold hammer forging and vacuum distension provide the steel with mechanical characteristics that are ideal when superior ballistic performance has to be achieved.
The Steelium Plus barrels boast an internal tube profile with a highly elongated progressive triple cone that varies with the length of the barrel, reaching as far as 300 mm from the muzzle.
The advantages are:
• more dense and uniform patterns with very high penetration and target hitting performance
• quicker and more accurate second shot
• reduction in perceived muzzle jump.
The barrels are assembled as a monoblock with internal chrome plating, they feature fixed **/* chokes in the case of the trap version, while the sporting version is equipped with a set of 5 Optima Choke High Performance chokes.
The barrels are 70 mm chambered on the trap version and 76 mm on the sporting version and are available in lengths of 76 and 81 cm for the trap version and 71, 76 and 81 cm for the sporting version.
The top rib is ventilated via a 10×10 profile in the case of the trap version and a 10×8 profile on the sporting version and features a white front sight. Both versions feature ventilated side ribs.